Monday, May 27, 2013

Star Trek

Well, let's start with the premise, shall we?

Warning: this review may contain spoilers.

The star fleet goes under attack and Captain Kirk goes on a mission to avenge those who were killed and to generally take down the bad guy. His superior commander tells him he doesn't want to cause a tussle in space with the Klingon enemy, so he comes up with a plan for Kirk to kill the man who attacked the Fleet with an army of missiles. I think it was 72 to be exact. Correct me if I'm wrong. Gun ho and ready to kick some serious ass, Kirk takes control of the Enterprise and set's out on his mission. It goes without saying, several members of his trusted crew don't agree with the mission and they do express themselves. They finally reason with Kirk and he decides to do things their way. They enter the planet where their attack is known to be hiding and are confronted by another very real enemy, the Klingons.   A battle ensues and they end up being saved by the one man they came there to kill. They capture him because he surrenders and what comes next is a tale woven very intricately, almost to the point you lose track of who's the bad guy. Turns out, they're multiple bad guys, but I don't want to give too much away.

Now, I'm no Trekkie. I may have seen all of five Star Trek episodes on TV, but I know a damn good movie when I see one. And Star Trek was a damn good movie. It had tons of action, wit and humor and none of it was over the top or out of place. As a matter of fact, some of the humor was very subtle. I really enjoyed the first ST movie and I think the second one was even better. The main villain really made the heroes work for it and... well, he was bad ass.

I have no complaints. Bravo.

Grade: A+ Here's a gold star for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment