Friday, August 9, 2013

The Conjuring

Warning: This review will contain some spoilers, but not many, I don't want to ruin it for ya!

Premise: Another horror movie based off a true story where a family is haunted by an evil entity. They need help, people!

My Review: First off, let me just say that I absolutely believe in this type of stuff. I've had my very own ghostly experiences and I believe anyone when they tell me theirs. So you might ask yourself, why a person who believes in demons and ghosts would enjoy seeing a movie about demons and ghosts? Well, hell, I like scary shit. As long as I don't have to see it right in front of me or happening to me. I don't know what to tell ya.

Moving right along. Now, I don't know if it was this movie or the scared shitless person I had sitting next to me, jumping and screaming at every sound, but this movie scared the hell out of me at all the right moments. I loved it! I haven't had a movie creep me out like this one since The Ring and that was only because someone's telephone rang right after the crazy movie reel finished. You can bet your ass I was counting 7 days. It didn't help that at the time the movie was playing, my companion leans over and says, "Should we be watching this film?" I laughed and the movie finish and then the cell phone rung. That's how it happened. But I digress. LOL.

The Conjuring was full of scary sounds that put you right in the mix of the fear the characters were feeling. They gave you glimpses of the threat without over-saturating it. It kept you scared and tense the entire time. It's been a while since Hollywood has been able to pull this off, that's for sure. The story line wasn't completely original, but it was well told. You felt for all of the character involved and you couldn't help but wonder how much was liberties and how much was real. My heart goes out to the family this movie is based off of.

It is well worth the price of a movie ticket to go see this one on the big screen.

Grade: A .  Congratulations on making the Honor Roll.

2 comments:

  1. I am sooooooooooo happy you liked this movie. It was a good movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D Yes it was. I was looking forward to seeing it, so I was really happy it was so entertaining.

      Delete