Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Thompsons

This was an interesting vampire film, right here. told with a bit of Quentin Tarantino flare and just the right amount of gore... for some, it may be too much. However, I enjoyed my cringe moments. This movie reminds people just how horrible vampires can be. If you enjoyed movies like Near Dark, you'd most likely enjoy this one as well.

Here's the premise: Vampire family and I do mean family, brothers and sister are on the run. Because they made the mistake of killing a bar full of people and getting caught on camera. In this day and age, that's the last thing you want to do. Killing on Camera? Youtube, here we come! But that's not their only problem, you know what? Let me go back a bit. Their little brother was shot by a group of robbers which is what started the killing spree. So , now that I've caught you up, I'll continue.

They are searching for other vampires, perhaps someone out there who can help them save their brother's life. They've been keeping him alive on human blood, but just barely. So one of the brothers, the one telling the story, goes to a town where they're told they can find help. Here's where it gets interesting, they do meet other vampires and that's when all hell breaks loose. It's bastard-ass vampires vs. bastard-ass vampires and what follows is a lot of gore, blood and ass kicking.

It's an indie-film that's made it's mark. My only complaint is I wished they were a bit stronger... supernaturally speaking.

B+ Looking forward to the third movie if there's going to be one. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment