Monday, February 25, 2013

Good Day to Die Hard

Going to see a "Good Day to Die Hard" turned out being a "Bad Day to Spend Hard-Earned Money" or even "A Bad Day to Go To The Movies".  Remember classic lines like "Yippie ki yay motherf*cker-" or how about this one: "welcome to the party, pal"  and who can forget: "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs". Those were great, iconic lines. But what was offered to us in this latest installment was; "I'm on vacation". Which clearly John McClane wasn't. The closest he came to actually being  "on vacation" was the vacation time he took off work to try to save his son who was locked up in a Russian prison.

Turns out, his son is a CIA agent undercover and what follows is a lot of crying and whining from a grown man who was still pissed that "daddy wasn't there". The daughter forgave her father, maybe it's time he did, too, considering Daddy Dearest spent a lot of time saving a LOT of people from bad guys with evil plans. I mean, did you see the ass beating he took in the first movie? Glass in the foot, open wounds everywhere requiring stitches. I mean, give the man a break!

The action was so over the top, even I had to roll my eyes. I would have been able to swallow it more if JM didn't seriously crash two cars and escape without a scratch or even a dizzy spell. Was his skin made of Teflon? WTH? I could go on and on listing the things that made this movie a failure and a joke at the same time, but I won't. I don't want to give that much away.

F-, See me after class.

No comments:

Post a Comment